I am not a chef. But that is ok because I married a restaurant guy! Obviously, I did that (in part) because he can cook. Score!
Sadly, his career keeps him out of our home during lunch and dinner 6 days each week, leaving the cooking up to me. Damn! The universe wins again!
I like easy to cook, fairly healthy food that my three small kids will actually eat on the night it is cooked and again on the inevitable leftover night. I have a picky eater, a fairly adventurous eater and a beginning eater. This recipe fits well into our family’s requirements. I got it from my sister-in-law and I’ve passed it along to several friends all of whom have raved about it.
Bruschetta Chicken Bake
Makes 6 servings
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, with undrained
1 package stuffing mix
½ cup water
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1.5 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1 teaspoon dried basil (I substitute Italian seasoning)
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Mix chicken, basil, cheese, salt and pepper. Spread mixture evenly throughout a 9×13 baking pan.
3. Layer baby spinach over chicken & cheese mixture
4. Mix tomatoes stuffing, garlic & water until stuffing mix is moistened.
5. Layer stuffing mixture on top the spinach.
6. Cover pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 more minutes.
Sidenotes: I have absolutely no idea where this recipe originated. It was passed along to me and I’m simply keeping the spirit of recipe sharing alive. Also, my children now think I’m a freak for photographing dinner as I was making it. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll give them countless more reasons to look at me funny.
*If you enjoy this or anything else I’ve written, share this blog with your people. Reblog it! Pin it! Share it on Facebook! Pass it along!